Monday, July 5, 2010

A Mile in Job's Shoes

Someone once told me that if there are 100 steps between God and I, He'll go the first 99, but He'll wait for me to take the last step.

I thought I had, but as I experienced the rug being pulled out from underneath me yet one more time this afternoon, perhaps I had not. And while the purpose of this blog is to encourage and inspire, and although I'm trusting the fact that Jesus is taking this journey with me, I don't even want to speculate on how much further down I can go because I'm just not sure I can handle it right now! Instead, I feel a lot like Job at the moment, when God kept allowing Satan to take things away from him, while Job kept believing in the goodness of God.

Remember this verse:

"The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Praise the name of the Lord."
(Job. 1:21 HCS)

While the Lord has most definitely "given" in my life, I feel like I'm now in the place where He's definitely "taking away," and the only prayer I can offer is from Mark 9:24

"I do believe! Help my unbelief."

P.S. Remember the sunglasses I mentioned in my first blog? Well, they're definitely coming in handy this afternoon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment