Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Ultimate Father

When I woke up this morning, I started thinking about the fact that it was Father’s Day today, and how lucky I am that after my birth father died, God chose to bring my dad into my life. He is the man who has raised me, and I absolutely love him to pieces!

Then I thought about God, and the realization hit me that He is our Ultimate Father!

I also started thinking about how much He loves His Son, Christ Jesus Our Lord, and how much it must have hurt Him to sacrifice Christ for us, so that we would be made righteous with Him.

Have you ever thought about that? Have you ever truly thought about the fact that the whole father / son relationship was started by One Father and One Son?

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
(John 1:1)

I know that today is difficult for many people who are without their father, either through death, abandonment or other circumstances. And yet, for the believer, while their earthly father may not be present in their life, we are not alone, no matter how lonely we may feel, because the Lord promises us:

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
(Joshua 1:5)

And because God NEVER breaks His promises, the fact that He is with us right now is something we can take to the bank!

Thanking God for being the Ultimate Father, and asking Him to bless fathers around the world on this special day…

No comments:

Post a Comment